Supposedly keeps the doctor away. Supposedly.
Since June I have eaten no form of fruit until today. Why? Because the sugar which fruit contains was not being broken down in my body properly when I first began my weightloss program. Alas today as I sat sick as a dog, hoarse, feeling like crap; I quickly texted my Dr. and asked for a solution.
I believe that my body's resistance level is low and despite taking vitamins, it is lacking the requisite vitamins that would strengthen my immune system.
Her response was to incorporate fruits back into my diet. One serving of fruit 3 times a week. One serving of fruit for me is 1 orange or 1 apple or 2 small tangerines. I will not be using grapes, strawberries, cherries nor my favourite pineapple just personal preference. They're akin to a gateway drug. If I begin to eat 1 trust me I won't want to stop. I'm intermixing this with the cashews. But I am going to be very hesitant with the whole incorporating fruit. It would make a nice snack in between but honestly I am not big on the whole thing. But seeing how quickly I got the cold again I think I may have to give this some thought. Trial and error.
I may weigh a bit earlier this week. Depending on my mood I may in fact delay weighing until next week. I will play it by air.
Good News!!!
With the text from my Dr. Yes she has redeemed herself in many ways. She has given my sister and I something to look forward to. A photoshoot together. My sister and I are naturally subtly competitive chicas. I love her to death but "she aint looking smaller than me in this pic" hahahah *insert serious yet coy laugh*.
Our plan is to stick to our diet and since she has spin to help her out I will have to up the ante on my diet and how much physical activity I can juggle. I do not have the luxury of spin class or being able to drive to the gym, but what I do have is some serious ego power. :) My 3 days of aerobics over the next 2 months will have to sustain me. As well as the amount of walking that I do daily. When I can.... WALK. My morning exercises which comprise of back stretching and strengthening as well as ab work outs will have to be increased. I have been searching for some work out videos on Youtube. Or not I am going to buy the Zumba workout DVD and then try to do it when my downstairs neighbour who happens to my friend won't be home so as to avoid disturbing her.
That cheered my sick day right up. I ate 1/4 of an orange will use the rest to serve me throughout the day. I knew at some point I would have to incorporate fruit but I was trying to wait until I had reached my weight target. Oh well we will see how this goes. I really do need to lose some weight this week though. Hopefully this does not derail me.
BY THE WAY thanks to all my readers!!!!! Saying hey to my fav weightloss blogger Taking the Fat out of Skinny!!
She's refreshing and she also shares her awesome recipes! Have a read.
http://takingthefatoutofskinny.blogspot.com/
Also have a great week everyone.
KKA
Thanks for the shout out.
ReplyDeleteSorry you're feeling under the weather. Good luck with the fruit thing, looking forward to seeing those photos. Stay positive.