Thanks for keeping up with me. Below are some update pics.
I really have been bad with my eating. This week was a bit off schedule but I am human and I fail sometimes. I need to get over some small eating addictions. Soon. Working on it for sure.
The scale has not been my friend. I keep going up and down. Give or take 4 pounds regularly. I'm working on my diet. Learning to cut my eyes at certain foods. Honestly bad food is cheaper. Healthier alternatives would drain your pocket. For example $15 dollars for my favourite wrap, whilst on the other hand I can get a full meal at KFC for 10 dollars. Understand my plight. My favourite salad and wrap is over 25 dollars at another location.
Healthy alternatives in Barbados are hard to find. Food in the supermarket--all time high--food in the restaurants which actually cater to healthy alternatives even more ridiculous with their pricing.
Well that is what we here in Barbados seem to enjoy. Paying through our noses just to survive. Hopefully soon we realise that for small island economies to weather this storm we are going to need to put our small differences aside and become a collective trading bloc. National debt is looming in most Caribbean countries and yet we do not seek to combat these unnecessarily exorbitant prices in the supermarket. I am not saying this is a great excuse to eat badly but I am being real. I turn to foods more affordable for my pocket. Unfortunately they tend to be the things that I should not consume.
Let's be real. Until we do something about these prices, cost of living and these excess taxes distributors have to pay to actually bring goods into the island or manufacturers of LOCAL goods have to pay to get materials into the island, we will suffer. Diabetes will continue to kick our butts. We could return to planting our food but then there is the issue of land space. Vicious cycle. We never connect the dots and understand the ripple effect these dynamics may cause.



No comments:
Post a Comment