Hey everyone.
Long time has passed since I last blogged.
Honestly I have a few blogs waiting to post. I began them and then something told me not to post them.
However I decided to do a new one and post today-Saturday. I hope all of you are doing well and that your year has been filled with nothing but blessings thus far. Also hope all of you have been enjoying your weekend thus far. Have a great one.
Presently I am at home in Barbados. It is seeming like I will be for a while. That is no problem at all. I am doing better. Much better in fact. My aim is to get back to 100% health soon and very soon.
My diet is still in effect. However, I am presently eating a little bit of everything in small portions and drinking almost 3 litres of water daily. I still hardly touch carbs but I have reintroduced some of them into my diet.
As for my weight. Right now I weigh 198 pounds. YAY!!!! So yes! I am still losing weight!
Why did I reveal my weight? I am over it. The suspense-the secret. Shrugs. I am trying not to weigh anymore, but this morning I made my sister tell me how much I weighed after stepping on the scale. I will be honest and admit I have been eating more. I feel hungrier more often I do not know what is up with that though.
The weightloss is even more obvious and dramatic. I am trying to maintain my weight though. I do not think I want to or should go any lower. I am 5ft 8 ins and a big frame. Any smaller would be a problem I can foresee it. My Dr. has also banned me from trying to lose anymore weight and to concentrate on the maintenance part of the diet. She said however if by eating properly I lose weight-then no problem. It is not my main goal right now.
As for school. I have willingly stepped back. Willingly. My health and happiness right now are my focus. Sometimes we push ourselves so hard we do too much and our body crashes. Mine did. A lot of people will have a lot to say. Guess what! My family and my REAL friends understand and encourage me and support my decision. I am 26 years old-old enough to make wise choices. Please do not question me, nor pity me. I have had setbacks in life before. One thing about me is that I quickly look for the positive in all situations and make the most of it.
I have been receiving an outpouring of love from many persons. I am grateful for it. A lot of prayers have gone up for me and I am in turn grateful. Once sincere I accept them. Don't need any fakers or insincerity right now.
Remember that at the end of the day in the face of adversity see it as a way to truly test your strength. Even on your worst/lowest days find comfort in the fact that you can beat this. God does not give us more than we can manage.
There are many people who love to hear us falter. Shame on you if you make them a priority. God is preparing you for something bigger and better. Let them laugh let them talk. Today for you tomorrow is theirs. I have learnt that from every negative situation, so many positive things flow. Not all at once but they do flow. Life and every situation is what you make it. This morning I drank a smoothie from my Aunt whom I have not really spoken to in years. We really spoke for the first time yesterday evening and realised we have something in common. We deal with stress the same way. See that blessing?
Make sure you learn something from it. I have always been someone who never saw my struggles as setbacks. It gives me time to regain my strength-learn and grow. I have a chance to start again and be even readier to meet the challenges. Kim's story and path is Kim's story and path. It does not belong to anyone else but me. I have to walk it and I will. I hate pity-please do not pity me. Instead-Pray for me-encourage-but do NOT pity me. My life is not over. I am alive and kicking.
This was on my heart this morning and I thought I would blog and share.
Keep taking care of yourselves. Listen to your body. Never be afraid to step back. You owe no one anything.
Bless
KKA
No comments:
Post a Comment