Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Settle Down Time

Hey all,

I am here trying to settle my way back down in Trinidad and Tobago.  This time next year I will be finished and getting ready to be called to the Bar--Amen--FINALLY. (God's willing)

But as I am in the present I am now trying to get my groove back where eating is concerned.  I have my shakes for 3 months and I am ready to keep on my diet and not resort to my bad habits which can sneak in and odd times.

I did a vlog but was not too sure about uploading it.  I really prefer to write and post some pics.  I think I took one pic so far.  that will improve soon.

Eating
Getting back into my routine is usually very hard.  I usually take a few weeks to get into my eating regime.  School can be distracting and so can the fact that I am away from my safety net and support system.  People who encourage me to eat properly and encourage me to have proper defaults around.

My water intake always decreases for the first week and then usually picks up when my mind tunes into the fact that our normal water supply has changed and I HAVE to get accustomed again to spring water and boiled, filtered water. (i miss my island)

With all that said.  I have to make the most of it as our family vacay is in December and I will be cheating once in a while.  I really would love to shed 15-20 pounds.  At least that amount would work for me.  I can see that my weight has plateaued.  Aerobics commence next week and I am eager to get this body moving.  I do walk a bit more than when I am home so that also helps.  My diet however usually takes a nose dive for the a few days then I snap back into reality.  Especially knowing I spent money on my shakes and I expect results.

I believe for persons like me who thrive on routine the shakes are a great help.  I do not like breakfast and having a shake in the morning is a good kick start to me making wise choices where food is concerned.

It is never easy to keep weight off.  It has been two years since I lost my initial weight.  I have managed to maintain a good bit of it off.  I have had highs and lows.  I basically have learnt how to eat properly and to understand that everything I place in my body is to nourish my body not just for taste.

I will decide whether I will upload my vlog later on.  Right now I do not think I will but I may change my mind later.

I unfortunately have no recent pics on my laptop.  That will soon be remedied.

Thanks for keeping up with me--whoever you are.  If I was brave enough I would have begun my own Youtube channel so I could have a wider audience.  But..alas I don't have the guts to do it hehee.  And I mean what can I say that has not been said already?  And the perfectionist in me would emerge and procrastination right along with it when I can't get my video edited perfectly. ugh!

So until I have the time and resources to do such.  My consistently inconsistent blog will have to do.  I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care of yourselves and each other!!!

KKA

No comments:

Post a Comment