Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bye Bye Size 18 I WILL NOT be missing you


Hey!!!

I have been going pretty hard on my diet!! And trying to increase my physical activity! I have stumbled across some information about Ph in foods so will be posting some information about that!

However this one is a blog about the mental aspect of this diet. I watched my sister hover with her big clothes and I even saw her think hard about getting rid of these clothes. Now I understand why! The biggest size that I have ever worn was a 20. And that was in fact a once off, and mainly for my hips! However, I had in fact become a comfortable size 18--*big body benz* In fact I was comfortable with that size--or so I thought.. With my weightloss now I do not wear a size 18. However most of my clothes are size 18 and they are comfortable.

However what has been happening is they drop. Or I have to be constantly adjusting, holding up with one hand. I think even my friends have become accustomed to me saying "Wait wait....gotta pull up". In short it has become unsightly, and I have been getting requests to either throw them away OR stop wearing them altogether. *Stink eye*

Last Saturday at my birthday breakfast my family found it hilarious that my favourite white pants, the seat was near my knees. :( no bueno. But they are correct (sorry for the conjunctions beginning my sentences). My clothes have in fact become too big. I have even had an embarassing moment at work where my pants dropped whilst I was bending to pick something up. It is that bad. So I have to cleanse. As I always tell people, and trust me I am very candid about my feelings, I still see myself as my old size. It will take a while to adjust but understand for almost 5 years that body was my nice cushion so don't expect in a few months I totally readjust to this new "figure".

What have I done?

KKA IS CLEANING HOUSE!

Getting rid of all the size 18 clothes. Whether new/old or otherwise. Very Very good feeling!! The least amount I have the better! I am shipping them all out to friends, family anyone who I think can in fact fit into a size 18-long to be exact lolol. So Bye Bye big body benz, trading you in for a nice convertible.

Realistic goals

My frame will never be petite, I get that. I have settled in my mind however, that the smallest I can get at this frame I will try to achieve. I love the inches I have begun to lose though, and have been seeing a drastic change in my clothes. So let's not kill ourselves with the scale; sometimes it is not your friend!

Small Victory for the week?

I bought a jeans last year when I was on vacay. I grabbed it thinking oh 18--of course it would fit. I do not wear an 18 regular...NEVER. It also had no stretch and it was cut a bit smaller than I am accustomed to. I gave my sister for her to wear--couldn't fit her either.

When my sis began her weightloss she began to wear that said jeans *jealous*. However I noticed that she herself stopped wearing it. On a dare, I tried it on. See pic below. It not only fits but it is a bit too full!

*Didn't she just say she doesn't wear 18?*

For those who do not know. A regular 18 is different to an 18 long which is what I usually wear. So small victory. I won't get much of a wearing off of it BUT point is IT FITS. Last year it didn't make it past my knee!!

Check me OUT!!!


and


Yup I feel GREAT!!! The scale may be moving a bit slower than I want but this a small victory for me. Ugh it is a bit full in the waist etc. Never Fear!! I will wear it whenever I get a chance!! or better yet I will put a couple darts in the waist..I don't mind the rest of the pants being big--I'll survive.

So that is it for me for now. I've been strict with my food as usual, still Zumba crazy--and will show pics before I begin training and will show my progress as I begin sculpting.

BTW stay tuned for my Ph balance post. This acidic and alkaline based food information is soo interesting!!!

Bless

KKA


2 comments:

  1. *takes a bow* :) thank you!! and thank you for your continued support as always :)

    ReplyDelete