Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Ahem! Intro?
I am NOT a great writer......but we will see.
I began this blog through the NEED to have an outlet. My cousin's blog brings me joy to read. Hers is focused mainly on natural hair, sights and sounds of Barbados. Check her out Naturaleza (shameless plug).
Mine is a bit different. This will be focused on weightloss. Hopefully I can inspire others, myself or this may become another one of these stagnant blogs that gets lost in the wind because persons transition. We all do it. We begin at a certain point in our lives and when that portion is over--these once important things are left in the wind. Anyways, how do you begin a blog?
The name?
I've been quiet and mum about my feelings about the new experiences on this weightloss journey for many reasons. Many persons just do NOT understand what it is like to be staring an early death in the face. I needed to begin this journey YEARS ago. But I never quite accepted how heavy I had become. In the Caribbean being shapely is a great thing. Good food---is usually a way in which most persons socialise, meet people, bond. It is also the very thing that can and will kill you. You are what you eat. You are what you eat. This statement has kept me awake many a night. I worried about whether my heart had sped up. If my heart was doing too much to keep up with my weight.
I would pray at night..Lord please don't let me put on any weight. hahah YUP. But I did. As I chronicle my weight loss journey, I hopefully will meet other persons who are going through the same thing I am. Who can share and be encouraged by my struggles to keep the weight off and to achieve my desired goal.
This is my first blog. Maybe it will become my new hobby which I so desperately need. And that it may inspire or encourage someone to get up--get out and do something!
Bless
KKA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Getting your feet wet!
ReplyDeletelol the toes at least :D
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Both on your journey and on its chronicles. Maybe I'll get some inspiration on both counts!
ReplyDeletelol I hope you do...it will keep me in check as well...the more ppl encouraging each other the better you do...it's harder to go it alone or in private.
ReplyDelete