What is the Cambridge Weight Plan?
The Cambridge Weight Plan is the basis of a flexible range of weight management programmes aimed at both men and women.
Cambridge Weight Plan products can be used as the sole source of nutrition for fast, predictable weight loss with nutritional assurance; with conventional food for more gradual weight loss or weight maintenance and nutritional supplementation.
Our programmes range from 415kcal to 1500+kcal per day; and are all nutritionally balanced to provide you with your Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamins and minerals.
Sourced from: cambridgeweightplan.com
The interview....
Before you begin this program your Cambridge Consultant or in my case Medical Doctor, will take you through a LONG, indepth--almost bordering on intrusive interview. But I understood why it was so important. She needed to not only assess my physical but she had to understand the type of life I was living, my frame of mind. Which has turned out to be VERY instrumental in the way i lose weight, view myself and how I will keep it off in the future.
She also did sugar test, blood pressure test and cholesterol; and how could I forget the dreaded weigh in and BMI assessment. Pretty extensive. The consultation took a while, but as she got to know me a little bit, she also explained the program and its importance and effectiveness. She also highlighted the part stress could play.
Now here comes the real deal.
How does this work?
See below
I am on the 6 weeks program. It was cheaper for me and honestly I think that is what my body could manage. Make no mistake the Cambridge Diet is in fact a shock to your system. So brace yourself. As a food replacement program it takes you off of food completely and brings you down to a low amount of calories per day.
I began on shakes....there are lots of flavours that you can chose from
Banana, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Fruits of the Forest, Strawberry, Toffee and Walnut, Vanilla, Chocolate Orange, Cappuccino. These are Lactose-free.
Source:cambridgeweightplan.com
The best one is Chocolate and Cappuccino. The chocolate is smooth and nice and the Cappuccino gives you the distinct feeling you are relaxing having a nice large mug in a Cafe.
On the other hand if you are a soup or porridge person. You can have those. Flavours range from: Chicken and Mushroom, Oriental Chilli, Spicy Tomato, Vegetable, Mushroom, Leek and Potato.
Porridges--Original, Apple & Cinnamon or Maple & Pecan.
Source:cambridgeweightplan.com
Bars are good for those on the go and can't stop and make a shake--my FAV flavour is Peanut crunch
Source:cambridgeweightplan.com
Toffee, Chocolate and Chocolate Orange. If you prefer crunchy choose from Cranberry, Chocolate Mint or Peanut.
Note you will cut all other liquids out and you will drink only water. Yup water ONLY. For those who do NOT like water that much there are additives you can use.
Example:Water Flavourings:
- Golden Vegetable.
- Summer Berry.
- Sunshine Orange.After 6 weeks you begin your meals which also carry strict guidelines; that is another blog.
Directions
3 shakes a day-breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can use warm water (I prefer this) or you can use normal filtered water.
NOTE WELL
Do not SHIRK on these shakes. I made the mistake and it took a toll on my body! I ended up having to get an IV. Also STICK TO THE WATER INTAKE!! 2 and a 1/2 litres of water PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THIS. Keep your water intake up!
Now when I had this episode--I began interchanging all 7 days with only products to 5 days of only products with 2 days of ONE MEAL. This can work well. Also I began doing zumba 2 days a week. You can also do pilates or any other low impact exercises.
Now I think that covers the food aspect.
Weekly Check-Ins
Dr. Roberts arranges one day a week where you will meet with her for your weigh in and also to do a urine sample to make sure that your body is burning fat still. This process is ketosis and will be explained in another blog.
So there you have it. this is what I do on the Cambridge diet. I will send a link to the nutritional facts for all the products named here.
Do I feel full?
Yes I do. These products contain all the nutrients you will need to give you energy and take you through the day. It is important therefore that you stick closely to the diet. Do NOT skip a shake or product. Follow the instructions and make sure that you keep your water up. For me it was hard not snacking in between but in fact drinking water when those times come around can remedy this feeling.
Also in your second week or so when you receive the bars, which are great because they contain fiber and in fact cures you of constipation. You can then cut the bars up and snack on them throughout the day. Cures your hunger cravings.
Well I hope I actually helped those who wanted to know. One of my other blogs will also include being back on food and the guidelines for this. Now happy reading. Sorry it was so long but I hope I did answer any questions you may have had.
Bless
KKA
Source:cambridgeweightplan.com



Kim I admire you. I've long admitted if there is one addiction I have it's to food. Go for it!
ReplyDeletelol nice comfort zone isn't it? Thanks for reading and the encouragement ....I really appreciate it (and NEED it).
ReplyDelete