Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Method to my madness


So how do I intend to actually lose the weight?

I'm on my 4th week of the Cambridge Diet.  Many of you may even refer to it as the sole source diet--read up here http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/.

Why did I choose this diet?

To me this diet chose me.  My sister began this diet this year 2011.  I began to see a vast difference in my sister QUICKLY.  She seemed committed and dare I say it she seemed encouraged--more confident and she began to take a dare with her wardrobe.  And there I was--eating my normal over 3000 calorie per day diet.  With my usual mantra--"dis big body benz needs food"  It sounds real cute and funny.  But one day when you look in the mirror and you can't pose in any direction that doesn't make you look fat, or no matter how well you dress up you still do not feel beautiful or worst yet getting up out of the bed is a struggle because your back is crying out from all the extra weight it is carrying around--then you KNOW it is time to trade in that benz for a small and cute convertible.  FAST.

Nothing I had tried before had ever worked.  I felt that no one could help me and this was my destiny.  "my family is big then I guess it's my destiny to be big as well".  For those studying like I am "I have no time, I'm just too tired--i promise I'll try something next year when this degree is over"  But you are onto the second degree and guess what--you are still fat.  I believed that above it all I felt as though my personal relationships with friends, family were all dictated by the underlying fact that one couldn't be fat and unpleasant too.  Everyone had to like you and in between that somewhere some how--us plus sized girls lose ourselves.  Who wants to be fat and a b!%ch too?  You also find yourself shirking from social settings.   Why?  Being picked on.  Yup bullying does not stop when you leave school.  In fact some people think it's their duty to "make jokes" or comment on the big girl in the group.  Bajans are the worst.  "you wouldn't want her to sit on you"  "Fatty" thinking about it really upsets me.   Or you're in class and the tutor--just great-compares your size to something-just great.  Sometimes you aim to fade into the background.  Or become that proverbial cheery fat girl...when you know and the world know you just want to tell this heifer in front of you exactly what you are thinking.

So back to May 21st 2011.  I got fed up and drove my behind down to Dr. Roberts' office-Best Life Wellness on Upper Bay street and faced the music.  I usually cry at every weigh-in so to be honest I had not weighed in YEARS and would just pick a number that seemed high enough but decent enough to represent my weight. I did initially ask not to know my weight.  I knew it would depress me.  But it was time to face the music.  For my family weight has always been something we tried at.  My mother is a gym buff.  My father (we remain mum on his physical activities) hahaha but we always tried to keep our weight down and eat as healthy as we can.  As we THOUGHT.  But my parents believe their children are in fact beautiful--so as much as they would see an increase THEY NEVER SAID.  God bless you two hahhahah.  Finding out how much I weighed was a slap in my fugging face.  A hard frigging slap that shook me to my core.  (trust me when I am down some more I will post this horrible figure)  My cholesterol was high.  At age 25 there is no way I should be even having cholesterol problems!!!

So May 22nd was the beginning of a new life for me one that I am excited totally about!!

I'll post about the interview with the Dr. in the next blog.  The process and which program I chose.  But this was just to let you know how I decided on the Cambridge diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment