Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Way Forward...


Hey!! No excuses blogging has been slow in coming simply because I have my final exam to take and concentrating on that has me nervous....really nervous along with packing up to move...I hate moving away from my family HATE IT.  N e ways we press on.

This past Friday was supposed to be my final weigh in and consultation for the Sole Source part of the CD (Cambridge Diet).  However my Dr. thought it was too soon to let me go it on my own.  Bear in mind she isn't a money grubber as some others may think.  And I agreed with her.  I know I am not ready to not be weekly monitored.  However, there is a cost attached, one I cannot really factor in when I'm trying to clear myself to go away for 2 years.  What she did was a BIG compromise.  For next to nothing I am on a new plan.  One that bridges the gap between total product dependency, to minimal product and more food.

Honestly, I'm nervous about it all.  This means my caloric in take will be more and she has given me clearance to work out.  I had a meeting with my former trainer last week.  I won't be returning to work out with him.  That WILL be a separate blog.  Only 3 days of cardio.  I have zumba two days, and I probably will do the elliptical home and switch it up with abs or do a light jog or walk few days or even swimming.  What I have been doing also is parking my car really far and walking more.  So those small things I hope will work.

Now to the eating.

4 oz of any meat.  No flavourings with added sugars--example ketchup (which I use to love) and bbq sauce ( I use to put this on anything).  What we use home now are those dry rubs, dry seasonings like Mrs Dash or my sis and my favourite-grill mates and Mcormick seasonings-pepper and garlic.  It spices up any dish especially those bland veges.  Trust me.

You can also use soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.  I also use salsa because I hate soy sauce.

Onions save my dishes.  Also I use sweet peppers a lot.

I've begun to eat tomatoes again and sprinkling of carrots.  Some colour and reintroducing my body to certain sugars.  It's going fine but in two weeks I'll see what the scale says.

I use a shake for breakfast.  I really am not a breakfast person.  So having a shake on mornings really saves me from forcing myself to eat.  I'll be taking a supply of shakes to Trinidad with me.

So that is my new plan.  It's simple and hopefully effective.  I have a new appreciation for food.  I eat to taste not to get full.  Keep me in your prayers because I will need them.

BTW

My fear was going out and ordering a meal.  What I have done is to let my really good friend know the portions I am to consume.  She keeps me on my toes and as much as she thinks I am fine the way I was or am now, she knows how important it is to me.  So thanks a million Stephie!! I love you and thank you  for alwaysssssssss being supportive.

Also my cholesterol is now 4.3 which is great for me seeing as it was almost 6.  So good job!!

As we all continue to battle weight and health issues.  Bear in mind persons are sometimes doubtful that they can do it.  I lack food discipline.  I am the first to admit it.  Therefore consuming food is scary for me seeing as I love to eat and I think I will go crazy after 1 bite.  Nope, that has changed.  It isn't only because I am scared to put back on the weight it is the satisfaction of looking healthy and feeling healthy.  Being able to get out of bed without crying for my back.

Me now..over 30 pounds lighter
Me at my heaviest vacationing in Jamaica
If you refuse to die because of what you put in your mouth, trust me you WILL take that step.  It isn't easy.  I'll readily admit it.  But it is worth it.

Bless

KKA

2 comments:

  1. Perseverance seldom fails! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trying my hardest--gosh I suck at blogger so much that i forgot to reply *sigh*

    ReplyDelete